Analytics

Monday, December 2, 2013

Widgets

Blubbr as a Listening Tool

Always nice to find a new tool!

I had the chance to catch Shelly Terrel this weekend and learned about an easy and fast tool to use.

Blubbr is a super easy site that  makes "games" which basically ask questions based on short chunks of YouTube videos.

Since I am talking about pronunciation on Wednesday (If you haven't joined the eltmooc yet there's still time!)

I took an older comedian sketch by the Two Ronnies. The sketch is based on a fun encounter of a clerk who can't understand what a customer wants. It is a great way for students to see how pronunciation (and listening) are important to everyday exchanges AND the use of humor of which I am a huge fan.  

If you laughed a bit, and you feel like your students would enjoy it, then I think you'll enjoy Wednesday's class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Due to spam, your comment may not show up right away, but as soon as I get a chance to approve it I will. I promise to be as fast as possible!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...